Fallen head over heels for food!!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Tre Pesci

*while K drives back from Broadway*
Me (whining very loudly over James Morrison's Undiscovered): I'm hunnnngrryyyy

..... (I admit that I am very annoying some/often/most of the the time)

K: Let's try that place thats always full on our way back.
Me: What place?
K: The place I told you last time
Me: ???? (poor memory)

Tre Pesci - 105 Victoria Rd, Drummoyne, NSW 2047, (02) 9719 2100


We were the first diners that night, we waited outside (me super eager) until the sign was flipped to 'Open' by the charming restaurant manager Danny.

A few words from Danny on the menu 

We order an entrée to share, 2 mains and a dessert =] its kind of out of our normal budget, but hey it is the week leading up to both our graduation and our 3rd year anniversary on the same day!

Inside the restaurant

The ambience was warm and inviting. Some good sound insulation went into planning this restaurant as it was dead quiet inside (us being the only ones) beside the noisy Victoria road traffic.

What's on in Tre Pesci

As we wait for our meal, I took note of the $12 pasta available on Wednesday and Sunday nights - If the pasta I ordered are any good!

Bruschetta $8.50
I love bruschettas, I love the salty/oily/aromatic tomatoes. I know its probably dead easy to make but we always order this in a decent Italian restaurant and these are just what I expected. However these are SUPER over priced! 

Filetto Con Dijion $35 - Grain fed eye fillet with king prawns, dijion mustard and mash potatoes

The fillet was recommended by the super cherry Danny and was requested to be medium rare, however these are more like medium/well done. That said, these were extremely tender and the mustard sauce was smooth, creamy but light. I ate the piece of fillet lathered in in the sauce with a great deal of mash - awesome! If I made a comparison with the steak at Mad Cow - which I recently went to, for the same price I would definitely get this!

Pappardelle con Gamberi $25 - flat ribbon past with prawns, garlic, bacon and cherry tomato

I don't normally like tomato based pastas as I find it too sour most of the time - or maybe I just haven't tried good pasta? But I ordered these as I love flat ribbon pastas. There is just a hint of the chilliness, saltiness from the bacon and the cherry tomatoes had just enough sweetness to make these pasta extremely satisfying.

We both stay silent as we savour the different flavours and being extremely satisfied with what we have ordered.

Tiramisu $10

Happy customers are more likely to spend more right? We normally don't stay for dessert/coffee at the same place as our meal (won't lose the chance of trying other places!) but we ordered - a very Italian dessert - the tiramisu. It is decent enough, but as I find out later on - when I made my own tiramisu - I can totally make it better than them! 

As I was finishing my beloved peppermint tea, I took a look around, the restaurant was now full with only 2 tables left at 7pm on a Sunday night. We chuckle to ourselves as we realised we probably brought down the average age in the Restaurant by 10 years! 

2 comments:

  1. Woah! That beef fillet is amazingly huge! :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. raised the average age in restaurant by 52 years =D

    ReplyDelete